Low-Income Tax Clinic

From Korean Resource Center

(Redirected from Tax Clinic)
Jump to: navigation, search

The Korean Resource Center (KRC) provides a free Low Income Tax Clinic (LITC). We provide a consultation on taxpayers’ rights and responsibilities as well as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). We also provide a free e-filing tax return for the low-income families during the tax-filing period through the volunteer-run VITA (Voluntary Income Tax Assistance), supported by the IRS’s SPEC (Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communication). In 2006, KRC’s VITA assisted 439 low-income taxpayers with their E-filing returns and an estimated $318,000 in EITC was refunded to 420 low-income taxpayers.



To receive services, an appointment is needed.

To make an appointment, call KRC at 323-937-3718 or fill out the form below. We will contact you back in a few days to make an appointment for you.

Service Inquiry Form


You qualify for the clinic if you:

  1. Have W-2 Income
  2. Don't own a house or stock
  3. Don't have more than $500 in interest income per year
  4. Fall within the income requirements (see below the 2014 income chart)
Income Limit
1 $28,725
2 $38,775
3 $48,825
4 $58,875
5 $68,925
  1. If you receive SSI, CAPI or SSA, you are ineligible for the tax clinic.
  2. If you do not have a W-2 form, you are ineligible for the tax clinic.

What you should bring

  1. The W-2 Form from last year
  2. Tax Return Form from the year before the last one
  3. Birth Date, English Name, Social Security/ITIN number
  4. Bank check/routing number + account number (need direct deposit when you get refund)
  5. Name, Address and Tel No. of rent manager
  6. Total expenses of child care payment during last year (name of center, director's name of child care, ITIN or SSN of director of childcare center)
  7. Copy of proof of being in college (college issued forms other expenses = total expenses)

ITIN number

Even without a Social Security number, you may report taxes using an ITIN number. To obtain an ITIN number, refer to this guide published by NELP (PDF file)

Personal tools
In other languages