Healthy Kids Legislation Statement of Support Petition

From Korean Resource Center

Jump to: navigation, search

Subject Healthy Kids Legislation Statement of Support Petition

First Name *
Last Name *
Street *
City *
State *
Zip *
Email
Phone

Purpose 
California Healthy Kids Legislation will provide health insurance option for every uninsured child in California. We strongly encourage you to establish health care insurance for all children as soon as possible. Please prioritize California Healthy Kids Legislation ?AB 772 (Chan/Frommer) and SB 437 (Escutia/Alquist).
Description 
This petition letter will be sent to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Senator Don Perata, Assembly Member Fabian Nunez.

Message

Dear Senator Don Perata, Assembly Member Fabian Nunez, and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger:

Taking care of all our neighbors is the right thing to do. Currently, California helps ensure that 90 percent of all children receive health insurance. Covering the remaining 10 percent is realistic. In Los Angeles County, about 89 percent of children have health insurance and 11 percent are uninsured (UCLA, 2003). Business leaders, health care providers, health plans, community organizations, and community members agree: we strongly encourage you to establish health care insurance for all children as soon as possible.

We need your leadership in prioritizing the Californians for Healthy Kids bills, AB 772 (Chan/Frommer) and SB 437 (Escutia/Alquist), throughout the legislative process.

Counties across the state have demonstrated their abilities to build on current publicly-funded programs to create comprehensive health insurance programs for children. The California Healthy Kids program would be an umbrella for all of our state’s health programs. It would be cost-effective because it gives children access to early prevention and treatment.

Most importantly, health insurance gives children a better chance at reaching their full potential in school. We need our children to grow strong and be productive members of society.

Sincerely,

Personal tools
smallmenu
Toolbox2